Wednesday 13 February 2013

Day 4, Tuesday 12th February 2013, Location: Mann River Nature Reserve



I will start by saying that my batteries are recharged and ready to move on.
This morning we awoke to be shrouded in mist, so no sunrise photo. However I did manage to get some photos of birds before Rena woke up. Once I process them in lightroom ill post them on here as I took them with my good camera and not Rena’s one.
After our neighbours just up the creek moved out this morning, we decided we would go for a walk and check out the creek up there and that campsite.










BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Photos taken and as I was taking one more this time of the mountain in the background when miss 4 year old decided that mum needed a heart starter for the morning. Just in the corner of my eye as taking the photo see little miss independent who was told not to go in the water, floating down the fast moving creek.
I went to try and grab her, but the rocks are like black ice, one wrong move and I could get rather wet and sore, just at this time with a lot of yelling at Rena going on, she managed to grab a rock on the other side and scramble out and sat on the rock on the other side. It wasn’t much distance but felt like a mile.
James to the rescue, he came back, jumped to the other side of the creek and came to Rena’s rescue. He carried her back to the right side of the creek.
Very sullen, she walked back to camp, I think little miss independent 4 year old might listen to mum and dad from now on when we say don’t go in the creek, it is really cold and stay out of the water.

Well one can live in hope J
From the little amount my feet got wet in the creek, it was like ice, so little Rena will take a while to warm up.
Back at camp enough excitement for one day. Miss 4 yr old very sullen and in need of some mummy hugs.
After dinner we had a little visitor to the camp, unfortunately for Rena she missed seeing it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment