Saturday 12 October 2013

Day 235 - 236 Tuesday 1st - Wednesday 2nd October 2013; Location - Cosy Corner (East)

Tuesday 1st October

Today we headed in to Albany to do the laundry and the shopping.

First port of call the Dog Rock Laundry. This was great value $3 wash and $1 for 10 mins in the dryer, but they were good. 15 mins and my sheets and towels were dry. Oh and they clothes came out of the washing machines clean not just washed. BONUS!!

We then went to coles and did the restock shop. OUCH!! At least we will not need to restock now for a couple of weeks and will well and truly get us over the boarder.

I then popped in to KMart as I wanted to get Rena a couple more birthday presents, the LPS set I wanted is only stocked at Big W so I got her the Zoo set instead. I think that she will be happy with it anyway.

Next port of call was Spotlight as I had run out of wool. My project is a blanket for Rena that I have been crocheting but have run out of wool. So off we go and find Spotlight but they dont have any wool that is suitable so I pick another lot of wool and will make Rena a scarf, if this horrible weather keeps up she will use it.

We then went and visited James sisters sister in law for a while. This was great for Rena as Tonya had 2 kids a boy 5 and girl 7. Rena was in heaven, kids and toys to play with.

Unfortunately we had to leave about 5 pm as we needed to get back to camp so that I could stow away all the groceries, make all the beds, put away the washing and cook dinner in the mix.

Well we got back just on dark, so James helped me get the groceries stowed away, I then cooked dinner, before making the beds, and putting the clothes away.

Poor little Rena by the time we got her sorted and in her bed it was 9pm. Late night for her.

One would think that after such a busy day I would have been out like a light, but no I had one of those nights and just couldnt get to sleep. (Thinking of home and what I need to do when I get there I think)

Wednesday 2nd October

Woke up to an absolutely beautiful sunny day.

During the night we had some new arrivals a family from Perth with 4 kids. So Rena had her breakfast and went over to say hello. I followed and talked to the parents for quite some time, he is an environmental scientist now working for the WA government. Was very interesting listening to what they are doing.

Rena got to play for a long time, (we did chat for a while) and James potted around the camp, the time came and I had to pull Rena away so I could go back and pack up the camper (still not comfortable about leaving Rena at other peoples camps no matter how nice they are).

Once we had packed up the family came over to say goodbye to Rena, a very nice family :). We then headed back out to the main road and in to Albany so we could refuel the cruiser.

We called in to the replica ship site and took a few photos but didnt realise that you have to pay just to step on the deck and as I had left my purse back in the car, we just looked at it from a distance.

We then went to the museum, and once again needed cash which was back in the car so we looked from outside.

We then went to the replica jetty and read the signs before heading back to the car and off to the service station to refuel.

The 24/7 station was our selected outlet, however the card machine would not allow James to put more than $100 worth of diesel in the car at a time, and each time charging a surcharge for using the eftpos, so 4 attempts we finally got the cruiser full. (Even with the surcharge was still cheaper than Coles with the discount).

We headed back out onto the highway and headed east,  we called in to a rest area and had lunch before hitting the road again.

We kept going until we got to our camp for the night, big rest area, with lots of space, only one other van was there.

What we did notice was that there wasn't as many wildflowers in this part of the country I wonder if the September rains had something to do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment