Saturday 12 October 2013

Day 237 Thursday 3rd October 2013; Location - Fitzgerald River (Jacup)

All packed up we hit the road, eastward bound, YAY!!!

We called in to Ravenswood as I needed to visit the chemist and post office. What a friendly little town. The chemist and I had a good chat, she fell in love with Rena and wanted to know all about how she was coping with the trip, she had 2 kids and wanted to do the trip as well. I said just do it, there will never be a right time, you just have to take the plunge and do it.

The post office was very friendly too, was a mixture of a toy store and post office, glad Rena wasnt with me. There was so much barbie stuff I am sure I wouldn't of got out the door without having to buy something.

James went across to the IGA and said that it was stocked with just about everything. I suppose these country stores have to hold alot of different stock.

Back on the road and we headed to Hopetoun, as it was now a beautiful sunny day with light winds. We went down to the town park and Rena got to play at the playground whilst I made lunch. Flies, I tell you they will be the end of me, they are so bad down here.

I went to the IGA and got some bread before getting back in the car, caught up with mum and dad and my sooty boy (Sam the cat that is) we then hit the road again. Really missing both my boys greatly. :(

We headed to Minglinup Beach to camp for the night as there is suppose to be free showers there. Need a shower. Minglinup Beach is west of Esperance but sounded like a nice spot.

We arrived at Minglinup Beach and set up camp, was hot, lots of flies and windy, but was home for the night. The free showers were cold, so we decided to set up our camp shower and have a hot shower instead using the water here instead. (Was a bit brackish)

It was nice to be clean again. I was lucky I got the first shower with our water, James and Rena got the showers using the local water :).

I cooked dinner then I went for a quick walk down to the beach to take a bow peep, wow spectacular, can see why this spot is so popular. I watched the sun start to set and went back so James could come back with his camera and get some good shots of the sunset.

Beautiful red sunset, although the BOM forecast for tomorrow is not all that promising.

Nice night, start were out.

No comments:

Post a Comment