Saturday 12 October 2013

Day 241 Monday 7th October 2013; Location - Moonera Tank

We seem to be waking up earlier each day, might have something to do with heading east :)

Packed up camp and eastward we go. Saw one lone Emu and some lizards as the landscaped changed as we crossed the Nullabor.

We came down of the tableland and onto the plains. What a change in scenery.

We decided that we would take a sidetrack and go down and have a look at the West Eucla Bight to see if it was good enough to camp at.

We got to the GPS point and there was 2 tracks one to the left and one to the right. We decided to take the track to the left. It didnt go to far, and at the dead end there was a trap for feral birds, so we decided that we wouldnt camp here for the night as there wasnt anywhere suitable.

We then went back and took the track to the right, glad we had a camper trailer and wouldnt like to see the bush car wash job on a caravan.

When we got to the point where the track went between the 2 sand dunes we picked our spot and set up camp. The beach here was beautiful. There was alot of sea weed on the beach, but wasnt stinking to bad at all which was surprising. As with most of the places we have been in WA since leaving Broome, it is very windy and a plethora of flies, so I am glad that we are between the dunes, it is still windy but at least we are getting a little bit of protection, enough to be able to camp here.

Later in the day we were surprised as a caravan came past us and set up camp up the track a bit, hate to see the damage to the van from the bush car wash.

I lost my patience trying to cook dinner, outside in the elements again. I am so over trying to cook outside in the weather, rain hail or shine I have to cook outdoors, the attempts I have gone to to try and keep this family happily fed. As I keep mumbling to myself 'Im over it', even Rena is now imitating me, so I think I am saying it way too often.

I haven't had any wine or anything to drink since Exmouth, so that isn't helping either, such a tease when I have a couple of dozen bottles of red sitting at home too ;(

Tomorrow we head further east. James is taking his time sticking to 80 lkms an hour, so it is going to be a long trip home. I think the thought of all the work I have to do (and him too and finding a new job) might have something to do with him not wanting to rush it. :)

But at the end of the day, we are still living the dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment