Wednesday 1 May 2013

Day 64 Saturday 13th April, Location: Snowy River Rest Area

Well last night at 4.59pm we got an email from our real estate agent advising us that our tenants had done the Harrold E Holt, and well we are now without tenants in the house. It was time to take stock, check our accounts and have a review of our trip and plans.

That done we packed up and headed for Lakes Entrance to have a look around and visit the laudrymat.  (The curse of travellers).

Found the laundrymat ok, and put on washing $18 for 2 loads, and went and checked out the local discount shop, got myself a mini whisk and Rena a small bucket and spade. That done Bakery, cant break tradition and bought lunch.

Back to laundrymat to eat lunch and check on washing, moved clothes into the dryers, and James headed out to do some geocaching. The dryers cost me $21 OUCH!! The machines were all new and imaculate and well maintained so cant understand why it cost so much.

After that we headed over to the walkway to the beach, last time I walked this it was the old bridge, must say that the new bridge is very nice. Rena and I used the facilities and whilst waiting for James snuck into the kiosk and got an ice cream each.

Went and checked out the beach, not many waves today and a bit overcast, but still beautiful. On the way back to the car we called in to the trawler that was selling fresh prawns, I hummed and hared as they didnt look all that fresh, but as James was keep I bought half a kilo.

Back to the car and off to Buchan then to head east to Balley Hooley Campground. James flew past the turn off and well half a hour later decided that maybe we should turn around, anyway we finally arrived at camp on dusk and set up with impending rain, Whilst I cooked dinner James and Rena went for a walk and managed to spot a wombat. It was a smaller one than they had seen before. No photos :(

I went to bed early tonight as I was not feeling well at all. I had one of those days if I was at home I would have spent it in bed, felt really sick all day but kept smiling and trooping on for the family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment