Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 77 Friday 26th April 2013, Location; Firth Park Campground

Today saw the daylight hours of serenity. Not to many people here today, so could sit back and enjoy the peace.

Today I tried out my bucket and paint stirrer as an agitator and did the washing. I must say that it did make the job alot easier and my hands were not half as frozen as last time I washed. The clothes looked a bit cleaner too. Just need something now to help me wring the clothes out a bit better so that they dry quicker. 2 hours later and all done. not bad.

I decided that I would try and cook a chocolate mud cake in the dream pot. First time for a mud cake in the dream pot. So with that done and cooking time to sit back and relax again.

Gradually the place was filling up. 4 pm and you guessed it time for drinks and snacks as we waited for the campfire to generate enough coals to throw on the camp oven. Tonight roast pork and vegies and chocolate pudding for desert (mud cake was ok)

Well I predicted that by 8.30pm we would have an influx of campers and I was right, there was a steady influx of people (right up until 1am)

Unfortunately for us, the most inconsiderate, loud, foul mouthed individuals I have ever had the displeasure of camping near arrived between 8.30 pm and 1 am. It appeared that each was trying to out do the existing campers in being the most disruptive.

Looks like we are not going to get much sleep tonight. Serenity broken.

p.s. Thanks to Chooky for bringing up the firewood, it has been so nice not to go to bed at sundown and to be able to enjoy adult company past sunset.

Rena

Chooky

James tending to the campfire

No comments:

Post a Comment