Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 81 Tuesday 30th April 2013, Location; Hammonds Road Campground, Great Otway National Park

Wow what a beautiful spot, cant believe we have it all to ourselves.

We even had our own personal cleaner come in and clean our fireplace and toilets for us this morning. :)

Today we backtracked to Anglesea via the backroads so that we could pick up what we missed yesterday as we headed for camp early.

We got to see the GOR arch and memorial statue.

Wow, what can I say, nearly every turn there is something new to see, and if you look at it from a different angle there is so much more to see. Make sure that you keep an eye out for the Brass Plaques. Very informative.

Rena got to play at the playground at Aireys Inlet whilst James went and did a geocache, we then went and has a look at the Bark Hut which is a replica as the original was burnt down on Ash Wednesday.

We then decided to go up to the Split Point Lighthouse and James and Rena did the tour up the lighthouse whilst I waited at the base of the stairs, as I still wasnt feeling 100% I didnt want to go up the stairs.

Rena was up the stairs like a well flash, James had to come back down to get the camera, nearly 30 mins later they came back down. (The nice lady did the tour for them as it was past the last tour time but let us in took one look at Rena and said do you want to have a look sweetie)

After James and Rena did the tour we decided to go down and have a look at the lookout, on our way down I fell down one step and well my left knee went pop, I was in agony, but when I stood up my knee was ok, but I had grazed my wrist, so that was now hurting. Ouch.

Well we did the walk and looked at Eagle Rock, wow, beautiful, we then went and looked at the lighthouse keeper and his wife grave.

We then walked back to the car and as it was now about 4 pm decided that we would go back to where we camped last night, it was so nice.

Got back to Hammonds Road Campground and set up in light, cooked dinner in light, and enjoyed the sunset before heading off to bed.

Hammonds Road Campground




Great Ocean Road Arch

Great Ocean Road Memorial

Great Ocean Road


No comments:

Post a Comment