Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 80 Monday 29th April 2013, Location; Hunts Bridge Camping Area, Lal Lal State Forest

Well my back is still playing up so off for a walk to see if it makes it any better. It didnt.

James did the washing up and most of the packing up. I gave in and took more pain killers so I could at least help James with some of the pack up.

I can recommend this camp spot, very nice and looks to be a bit of a party spot for the locals. But very beautiful away from the road and by the river.

Back on the road and off to Geelong to see if Jaycar with exchange a radio that we bought in Ulladulla that isnt working.

Wow what a big place, lots of old buildings here in Geelong. Never came over to this side of town before.

Thankfully Jaycar exchanged the radio for me, although they were not going to, took about 20 mins of negotiating as we bought it from an authorized stockist and not a Jaycar store. Apparently they are different and have different return policies.  All I wanted was a radio that worked and I didnt care if it was a store of stockist, I bought it from Jaycar :)

Back in the car and we headed for the petrol station to refuel before heading of to the local mitre 10 to get the gas bottle refilled. Got to mitre 10 and no go, they dont do re gas they only do swap and go but the bottle wouldnt fit in the camper, so take the swap and go back and James got the address for a place that would and off we go.

Whilst James got the gas bottle regassed I emailed the real estate agent again, still no new tenants, now their problem is that no one wants a 6 or 9 month lease only a 12 month lease, how things change quickly, when we first put the place out to rent, they could only get a 6 month lease, we had to offer a weeks free rent to get them to agree to a 12 month lease. Wonder why things change so much in 3 months.

This broadband stick is definately not very good, but it is what we have so just have to grin and bear it, took 20 mins to get the email sent. You could say I was slightly frustrated but that would be an understatement.

Anyway we then got on the expressway down to Torquay to start the Great Ocean Road. Been looking forward to this moment for a very long time.

First stop along the road after Torquay was Bells Beach. If I was only 25 years younger and on my malibu I would have had a blast. But it is now and I wouldnt have made it past the breakers, but I can see why it is a surfing mecca.

By this stage it was getting on so we decided that we had better head and make camp for the night due to warnings about camps filling up early.

Back still killing me so slow set up. Another beautiful campspot. Well maintained, clean and well set out. We also had 4 kangaroos sharing it with us.

By 7 pm we still had the place all to ourselves, tomorrow backtrack along the GOR and see what we have missed today.

Hammonds Road Campground breakfast guest


Split Point Lighthouse

Eagle Rock


Split Point Lighthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment